Incidence vs. Private Funding
- Leukemia: affects 1 in 25,000 / Funding: $310 Million
- Muscular Dystrophy: Affects 1 in 20,000 / Funding: $175 Million
- Pediatric Aids: Affects 1 in 8,000 / Funding: $394 Million
- Juvenile Diabetes: Affects 1 in 500 / Funding $130 Million
- Autism: Affects 1 in 150 / Funding: Approx. $116 Million
These figures are for research mainly, I can find NO numbers for helping the Mom's and Dad's that are being financially devastated every day by Autism.
Go back to our main website http://www.autismbites.com/ and click the AutismBites Foundation page. We are doing what we can to put into place something that could alleviate some of the financial stress on the parents. If you can do nothing else, please buy one of our AutismBites t-shirts and give it to a family. They'll have a shirt that will reduce the 'looks and comments' when out in public. And we are setting aside a large portion of our proceeds from the sales to get the AutismBites Foundation and parent support groups up and running.
If you know a good 'non-profits' lawyer that can do some pro-bono work... send them our way. Thanks!