Tuesday, May 22, 2007

New words, New tranny, New drugs

I originally thought we'd be able to write this blog at least every couple of days, BUT remember we have SIX AUTISTIC KIDS. Whew! I feel better, always good to blow off a little steam. And if it sounds like we use the SIX children as an excuse...you're probably right. But, you have to admit, it sure is a darn fine excuse!

New words: 5 yr old sister (see family make up in 1st post) said to Mom yesterday, "I love you". It was her first 3 word sentence. Of course it sounded more like, "uh wuh woo" but we know what she was saying. It brought us to smiles and tears.

New tranny: As I mentioned below the transmission of "the car" blew up, luckily in the driveway. The final bill $3,131 and change : ( I told the dealership we DID NOT have that kind of $$ in my back pocket and that we'd need some kind of financing. No problem I was told, had a program for just our type of need. Went to pick up the car and... "weren't able to get you folks any financing for the repairs, sorry". (May tell you later about, 'Autism bites...the credit') "Well, this is our only car and my ride just left". With a signed note I was able to bring the car home and was told they'd get back to me on some arrangements. No word yet and it's been a week. Guess we'll see what happens.

New drugs: None yet...Mom's still on the Zoloft and my bud Jack Daniels is still taking care of me (still KIDDING pastor!)

Dad

1 comment:

abfh said...

Maybe you'll get lucky and the dealership will forget about you for a while!

Thanks for your comment on my blog. And yeah, I did plenty of backyard escapes when I was preschool-age, too. I remember climbing tall pine trees while my mom, who hadn't been quick enough to grab me first, stood nervously underneath telling me "Come down now... but slowly..."